Posted by Lena Diaz
Whether You Like Heroes on Motorcycles or the Bad Boy Assassin Type, Kiss and Thrill has You Covered Today.
First up, hero Bryan Fisher from EASY TARGET, the brand new installment by author KAY THOMAS in her Elite ops series with Avon.
FIVE THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT BRYAN FISHER (aka Hollywood)
1. Growing up, I lived in California with my mom until I was nine years old. When she died in a car accident, I went to live with my grandmother in Springwater, Mississippi. The reason I love Dentyne gum so much is because my mom chewed Dentyne and always shared it with me.
2. I don’t have any tattoos, and I’ve never ridden a horse. But I love to ride motorcycles and I know how to surf. Yes, my nickname is Hollywood. And no, I don’t like to talk about how I got that particular “handle.”
3. I watch The Walking Dead and DVR it so I don’t miss episodes when I’m working on AEGIS jobs.
4. I love sushi, Wylie Coyote, and Pearl Jam. I hate broccoli. My favorite dessert is Key lime pie with graham cracker crust.
5. A romantic evening for me would include driving out of town away from the city lights to stargaze. Since I grew up in the country for the most part and now live in Dallas, that’s the one thing I miss the most—seeing a star-filled night sky. I enjoy sleeping under the stars, but fair warning, I don’t own a pair of pajamas…
(Lena fans herself after that pajamas remark.)
Here’s the back cover copy for EASY TARGET.
AEGIS: an elite team of ex-military men who will do anything for their country…and their women.
Fighting to clear her brother of murder, freelance reporter Sassy Smith is suddenly kidnapped and thrown into a truck with other women who are about to be sold…or worse. When she sees an opportunity for escape Sassy takes it, but she may have just jumped from the frying pan into the fire.
Former Marine Bryan Fisher (aka Hollywood) is no stranger to dangerous situations, or to his best friend’s little sister. When he rescues Sassy, Bryan is determined to keep her safe…if he can keep his hands off of her. Because Sassy is all grown up and not at all like the girl he used to know. But he’s got bigger problems. And with enemies coming at them from every corner, Bryan and Sassy will need to work together if they’re going to survive.
Next up is Mason Hunt, a bad boy assassin from EXIT STRATEGY, the first book in my (Lena Diaz) new EXIT Inc. series with Avon.
FIVE THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT MASON HUNT
2. I do have tattoos, but only Sabrina (my heroine) gets to see them. Not a motorcycle fan, but I can ride one if I have to. And horses? Yeah. I can ride those too. We ex-military, bad ass assassin types are trained to do pretty much everything in a pinch. Nickname? When Sabrina first met me, she labeled me Tall-Dark-and-Deadly, but that was before she got to know me. Now I have another nickname that she gave me instead. But like that Bryan guy in EASY TARGET, I’m not discussing it.
3. I don’t have time for TV shows. Too busy saving innocent people and killing bad guys.
4. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Hey, protein, what can I say? Music? Country rock. Dessert? (grins and looks at Sabrina.) “Pass the whip cream, Rina.”
5. A romantic evening would include sitting on my back porch with the woman I love–Sabrina of course–watching the corn stalks waving in the field behind my house. Then a walk in the moonlight to the barn for some target practice with my Glock 22. After that? Cornfield sex. (Read the book and you’ll know exactly what I mean.)
Here’s the back cover copy for EXIT Strategy.
Lena Diaz launches her thrilling new series featuring the undercover vigilantes of EXIT Inc. with a skilled operative putting his life—and his heart—on the line for a woman in trouble
When Sabrina Hightower awakens to the sound of an intruder, she figures he’s there to rob her, murder her— or worse. She doesn’t expect to be carried off by a muscle-bound stud with male-model good looks . . . or that he came to rescue her.
Mason Hunt became an enforcer with EXIT Inc. to eliminate the bad guys—terrorists, militia groups, all those who would do America harm. But his latest target is innocent. If EXIT could lie about sultry, strong-willed Sabrina, what darker truths might they be concealing?
Going rogue in the rugged North Carolina mountains, Mason risks everything to keep Sabrina close, especially now that EXIT’s lethal assassins are chasing them down. The heat is on . . . but it’s nothing compared to the slow burn of seduction.
If you’d like to get to know Bryan better, pick up a copy of EASY TARGET.
Mason’s waiting for his chance to get to know you in EXIT Strategy.
GIVEAWAY! To celebrate the release of EASY TARGET and EXIT STRATEGY, Kay and Lena are each giving away one ebook copy of their books (winner must be able to receive the book on their Kindle or Nook from either Amazon(dot)com or B&N(dot)com.) Leave a comment for a chance to win and then check back next Tuesday to see the randomly chosen winners at the bottom of Tuesday’s post.
Join us next Tuesday when I take the Kiss and Thrill reins again and interview the amazing ANGI MORGAN!
Posted by Diana Belchase
Breaking news …
Multi-award winning author, Lena Diaz, was dragged out of a conference in Anaheim last summer and actually forced to speak — on film, no less — by the audacious Diana Belchase.
Despite her fervent protests, Lena was beaten into submission in the most terrifying and horrific manner by her blogmate. Subjected to the greatest inequities, deprived of food and water until she capitulated, you, the viewer, will see here, the abject misery and torment to which an author can be subjected — not only by the nature of her profession, but in the name of so called friendship.
We ask you to judge, both the perpetrator and the victim. Leave your verdict in the comment section and for your efforts, one of you will win an e-copy of Lena’s newest release, Explosive Attraction, for your effort. But be warned — if you consider this a bribe, and the verdict turns unduly in Lena’s favor, Diana has vowed to retaliate — by searching out and videoing each of you… (insert loud menacing echo here).
Okay, now that that’s over (I just couldn’t resist!), I do have real news. At a recent conference, it was heard that Lena is a new rising star who not only is doing phenomenally in the states but is taking Germany by storm as well! All I can say is YIPPEE!
I can’t think of a more deserving person — after all this is the gal who went to the finals for the Beacon, the Golden Heart, and the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award, and WON both the TARA and the Daphne Du Maurier awards — and she is an amazing person, too.
What do I mean by an amazing person? Well, a top mother who fights for her kids in every way, someone who works to spread the message about diabetes and raise funds for research, a friend who always has your back, someone who, while working full time, donates her off-hours to her community and fellow writers. On top of all that, she’s so modest I could barely get her on camera! LOL. Oh, and she still manages to find time to turn out the most incredible fiction I’ve ever read.
Take her newest book, Explosive Attraction, Lena starts with the hero and heroine and a serial killer on page one and doesn’t stop. Each page is filled with plot twists, sexual tension, and a story that will keep you riveted until you get to the very end. Not only that, but it’s written beautifully. Take a look at this excerpt:
“Even with heels on, Darby had to stand on her tiptoes for a good view of the picture. In the middle of a large, empty room, a man sat in a chair, his posture stiff and oddly strained. The low quality of the photograph reminded Darby of one of those cheap, do-it-yourself picture-printing machines found in drugstores. She squinted, wishing the exposure wasn’t so dark. “He looks familiar.”
“You know him?”
“I’m not sure. Maybe.”
She reached for the picture but he pulled it back.
“Fingerprints,” he reminded her, holding the edges with his gloved fingers. When she lowered her hands, he held the picture in front of her.
She tapped her nails against her thigh. “Why would he have his picture taken sitting in the middle of an empty room?”
“That’s a concrete floor. And those are industrial-style windows across the back. Probably a warehouse.” His jaw tightened. “And he’s not sitting there because he wants to.” He pointed to the arms of the chair. “He’s tied up.”
She let out a gasp and leaned closer to get a better look. Recognition slammed into her, stealing her breath. Was this some kind of joke?
“You know him,” Rafe said, not a question this time.
“Who is he?”
“An attorney, Victor Grant. He used to be in private practice, but he made assistant district attorney last week. I saw him at the courthouse just yesterday.”
He set the photograph down to reach for the envelope again. When he pulled out the watch, she realized it didn’t have a wristband connected to it. Rafe’s eyes widened and he let out a vicious curse. He grasped the watch in one hand and yanked his cell phone out of his jeans pocket with the other.
“What’s wrong?” Darby hated the alarm in her voice, but what had seemed like a harmless prank a few minutes ago now seemed like something far more sinister.
Rafe issued rapid-fire instructions into the phone to someone named Buresh. In answer to Darby’s earlier question, he held the watch down where she could see it.
A stark, digital readout flashed against the white background, displaying 00:00:15. The last number was decreasing—fourteen…thirteen…twelve…”
This is a book you do not want to miss, so please remember to enter our prize drawing by leaving a comment below The winner will be posted on Thursday when Lena returns, this time to interview author Angi Morgan and hear about Angi’s newest release.